EB-3 Professional and Skilled Workers

consult an immigration lawyer


The EB-3 immigrant status provides permanent residency to qualifying foreign nationals who are professionals or skilled workers.  EB-3 recipients must possess an offer of employment and often require a labor certification.

Who is Eligible:

The EB-3 immigrant status is available to professionals and skilled workers who possess an offer of employment in the United States.  The offer of employment must be for a permanent, full-time position.  Most often, an application must include a completed labor certification.


A foreign national must either be a professional or skilled worker to qualify for EB-3 status.  A professional worker is defined as a person possessing a bachelor’s degree.  The bachelor’s degree need not be in the same field as the employment offer.  A skilled worker position requires at least two years of training and experience as determined by the Department of Labor.

After Obtaining Permanent Residency:

Citizenship: After five years of permanent residency, the EB-3 recipient may be eligible to become a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Travel Abroad: After obtaining permanent residency, an EB-3 recipient may be able to freely travel abroad.  However, care must be taken to ensure that the permanent resident does not “abandon” his or her permanent residency by staying abroad for a significant amount of time.

More Information:

If you think you may be eligible for EB-3 immigrant status as a professional or skilled worker, please contact Gafner Law Firm.